Thursday, June 23, 2016

Floor plan

As I mentioned in my first post, the very tiny house's floorplan is based off of this real plan for a life sized tiny house; it's just scaled way down to 1:12 (where 1 inch = 1 foot).

Note the disclaimer on the real plans:
These house plans were not prepared by or checked by a licensed engineer and/or architect. TinyHouseDesign.com does not represent or imply itself to be a licensed engineer and/or a licensed architect. Enjoy these free house plans but use them at your own risk. :-)
So be warned: the very tiny house may not be structurally sound enough to live in! We shall forge onward anyway. ;) There will be a loft on the right side, and the bathroom will be underneath the loft. I plan to put a small bench and table next to the window on the left side of the house, and the kitchen will fall between that seating area and the bathroom...which you can see in this very technical drawing.


As you can see, the floorplan is quite simple. I went with an 8"x15" footprint rather than 8"x16", since my binder board was only 15 inches wide and I didn't really need that extra inch anyway. I didn't inset the door, either. Here, you can see a very rough, not-to-scale drawing of the pieces I cut from the binder board.



The back of the dollhouse is the long low sixteen-foot wall, and the opening of the house is the tallest wall. I'd really like to add this wall on a hinge, with a big window in the front. For now, I'm just keeping that option in mind. So far, I've glued together the floor, side, and back walls, and will add the roof and hinged walls once the interior is a bit more complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment